| Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Youtube RSS Feed

Innovation & Job News

Attention job seekers and employers: job fair in Scarbrough March 11

The unemployed and those looking to put them to work are both invited to the Centennial College Job Fair 2010 on March 11. The fair, to be held at the College's Student Residence and Conference Centre, is hosted by the employment consulting firm NAPP.

NAPP Director Rita Persaud says that the event is ideal for pretty much anyone who needs work: "new Canadians, the downsized, mothers who have been out of the workforce, people looking to change careers -- anyone really who is looking for new opportunities."

The organization is also still accepting registrations from employers to exhibit at the fair. Ideally, Persaud says, employers would have at least three job openings available, but in this economic climate they will consider anyone looking to hire. Persaud says roughly 80 per cent of exhibitors are direct employers, while the remaining 20 per cent is comprised of government programs, agencies and certification organizations that might help job seekers connect with work.

Those already registered to exhibit at the fair include Peel Regional Police, RBC Insurance, Sedna Globe, VPi and Devik Pharma.

The fair runs from 10am to 3pm March 11 at 940 Progress Road in Scarborough.

Writer: Edward Keenan
Source: Rita Persaud, Director, NAPP
Signup for Email Alerts
Signup for Email Alerts